We provide alcohol regulatory advice across Australia and New Zealand including on the following areas:
- classification of alcoholic products under the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code;
- whether the ingredients in your alcoholic beverage are legally permitted as required under the ANZ Food Code and other relevant laws;
- labelling of products including ensuring compliance with specific labelling requirements under the ANZ Food Code, Wine Act and trade measurement laws in Australia and New Zealand;
- specific claims review advice including in relation to ensuring compliance with the Fair Trading Act (and Australian Consumer Law), Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act, nutrition content claims under Standard 1.2.7 of the ANZ Food Standards Code and alcohol advertising industry codes;
- advertising and marketing compliance including ensuring compliance with the restrictive advertising provisions under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act, Fair Trading Act and industry advertising codes (see more on our Advertising and Marketing page); and
- general interpretation advice for when you are unsure of the meaning or interpretation of certain laws, or what your obligations are under these laws (such as under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act).